A great time to influence is when you have come up with a brilliant idea for a brand new product or service that can make you rich. Or, you currently own a business that pays the bills, but your dream is to become successful and retire a millionaire. Or , you have a worthy cause that needs airing because it will make a difference. There has never been an easier time to do it than now.
The game has changed thanks to the INTERNET. Anybody with a valuable message can position themselves and garner attention like any of the big players. It’s a great time to influence.
In order for you to be successful, you need just two things: a compelling product and a significant following.
A Million Dollar Influencer builds a list of dedicated followers so that:
1. Their message gets visibility. By placing your message onto your platform, it should gain immediate traction. A relationship with your followers lets your message standout in their busy news feed. As such they are likely to devote some time to your message.
3. Your message builds connection. Traditional media can only foster unilateral intimacy. You “know” the talk show host, the performing artist, or the conference speaker. But social media has taken this to a whole new level. It allows bilateral intimacy or engagement. The result is that you can be more connected to your fans, customers, and supporters than ever before.
Developing a following to increase your influence will not just happen. It requires crafting a consistent brand married to clever content marketing or messaging.
Building Followers is the new marketing.
Begin developing your following by focusing on a particular niche. Your aim should be to create an impact in that niche with content and value. Focus your efforts on targeting influential individuals in the niche. Folk that have a voice, to provide you cut through, instead of targeting the entire market segment.
If you are good at what you do, it will not take long before the whole niche will sit up and take notice.
Answer these questions before you begin your quest:
1) What do you want to be known for?
2) What thoughts can you convey, and how do you want to communicate them?
3) Who is your audience and what are their needs, pains and desires?
4) What is your content strategy?
5) Who are their influencers?
Succinct and accurate answers to each of these questions, the greater your influence. Have a succinct message delivered to the right people at the right time, and you will develop a strong personal brand. You will become known for delivering value in the message you are advocating.
Personal branding is self-expression amplified to influence and command attention. It’s not about trying to be someone else. It’s about taking your key characteristics and turning the volume up on them.
Your personal brand should be a direct reflection of you. Be authentic.
To be authentic – you need to develop or become known for having a unique voice.
The aim is to have your niche consuming your opinions, thoughts, and ideas. That’s the power of content. It’s like being in a perpetual one-sided job interview where you get to provide valuable answers.
Keys to well made content.
Be transparent about who you are, what challenges you’ve faced, and how you overcame them. Letting your audience feel like they’re in on a secret is a great way to keep them engaged.
Empathise with your audience.
What are their pain points? What are their needs, fears, aspirations? What’s challenging to them? True understanding helps you write compelling content.
Include ideas and resources that have not already been shared and you will agree that now is a great time to influence..