08 Jun How To Get Your Email Read
There is very little point developing a sales funnel or an online marketing campaign if you do not have an effective strategy to get your email read. Developing a prospect list and then a relationship via crafted emails and the provision of quality resources and information is the corner stone of just about any businesses marketing mix.The same goes for customer lists and keeping them coming back- this can be enhanced with a solid email marketing campaign – as long as you get your email read. Step one in getting emails opened and read is the use of great subject lines, let’s investigate further.
Why is it so important to have a great subject line to get your emails read?
Think of subject lines like the headline of a newspaper article. If it grabs you, you start to read. The subject line is often the only thing people see in an email browser. It is what they are going to use to determine if they go any further down your email or if they are even going to open it. It is the only thing that differentiates your email from all of the others.
Do you ever find yourself using these?
Hi! (This sounds like spam.)
Hey there…(this sounds like pornography.)
What’s up? (Come on, you can do better than that!)
Check this out…(Yep, more spam.)
(No subject) (This is lazy and annoying.)
A different approach to subject lines is to use them to entice the reader.
12 exciting subject lines that will get your email opened.
These are excellent for personal emails and are sure to get your email read :
1. Have you seen this article about your company yet?
2. I saw something that made me think of you…
3. I sure hope you’ve already seen this…
4. I thought of you when I read this…
5. I thought of you when I saw this…
6. I was thinking about you the other day.
7. I was thinking about your business the other day.
8. Someone paid you a compliment yesterday.
9. I blogged about you the other day…
10. When I saw this, I immediately thought of you.
11. Your ears should be burning…
12. Your name came up in a conversation recently…
The Golden Rule
The golden rule of email subject lines according to Josh Nason an online reputation management expert is:” Use your name (or company name if it will have more impact)”
1. Use your name (or company name if it will have more impact)
2. Do not use all caps in a subject line. (unless you are Donald Trump of course!)
3. Write a compelling subject line that won’t deceive people.
4. Have some fun with subject lines!